Published: January 29, 2014
Last Updated: February 28, 2017
Before booking an eyebrow appointment, please read through this page and ensure that you are a good candidate for our semi-permanent eyebrow procedures.
Eyebrow Care - Before & After
Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are or have any of the following:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Undergoing chemotherapy (consult your doctor first)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A pacemaker, or major heart problems
- Had an organ transplant
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Generally not feeling well (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past two months
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not go tanning. Especially, do not get sunburn on your face.
- Do not take aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, or Ibuprofen within 24 hours before your eyebrow procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine on the day of the eyebrow appointment.
- Do not wax or tint for three (3) days prior to your eyebrow tattoo appointment.
- Also, please note that you will be more sensitive to pain during your menstrual cycle.
- Do not use cleansers, creams, or makeup on the treated area for ten (10) days after the treatment.
- After day two (2), use a small amount of aftercare oil twice daily. This will be provided to you at your brow appointment.
- Do not rub, pick at, or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring!
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for three (3) to four (4) weeks after your eye brow procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first ten (10) days after the procedure.
- Do not get any facials, Botox, chemical treatments, or microdermabrasion for four (4) weeks post-treatment.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first ten (10) days after your treatment.